Treatments and Prices
Payments Accepted by Bank Transfer, Cash or Card payment
First Treatment (1 hr 15 mins) £30.00
Following Treatments (60 mins) – £30.00
You may also add-on Hopi Ear Candling (30 mins) £15.00
What To Expect:
You will be asked to remove your shoes and socks and sit in a reclining Lafuma chair. You remain fully clothed at all times.
I will make you comfortable and lie you back and place a blanket over you and begin treatment.
Your first treatment always take slightly longer to allow time to fill in a consultation form to assess your health and lifestyle and if you take any medications it would be helpful to bring a list of those with you and any vitamins you take on a regular basis.
What to expect after a reflexology treatment?
A reflexology treatment should be enjoyable, relaxing and give you a feeling of calmness. You may experience one or more symptoms which may occur during or after a treatment, such as headaches, more frequent urination and bowel movements, changes in emotions, nausea, aches and pains. This is all perfectly normal and these symptoms are a sign that the body’s healing process is taking place.
It is important to drink plenty of water after a treatment as this encourages the elimination of toxins in the bod
Listen to your body and acknowledge that it is acceptable to rest if you feel it is necessary.
There are certain conditions that are a contra-indication to treatment
These conditions are:
- Internal Bleeding
- Lymphatic Cancer
- First Twelve Weeks of Pregnancy
- Unstable Pregnancy
Hopi Ear Candles
Single Session (30 mins) – £20.00
Add on to Reflexology Session – £15.00
Ear Candling, also called ear coning or thermal- auricular therapy, the candles work on a chimney principle, drawing any impurities to the surface where they can be gently removed, They equalise the pressure in the head and ears making them suitable for most conditions. Secretion flow is gently stimulated and the vapour collects and removes impurities or deposits. Its great for removing wax and relieving blocked sinuses and are wonderfully relaxing which is why I offer them as part of an extended reflexology treatment. Hopi ear candles can be a useful aid too individuals who travel by aircraft frequently.
An ancient and natural therapy handed down by many civilisations. It is believed that the Ancient Greeks used ear candles for cleansing and purifying and healing on a spiritual basis but much later on a purely physical basis. However the practice reached the modern world via the native American Hopi Indians of North Arizona ( its interesting to note that Hopi means peaceful people).
Cautions- hopi ear candles cannot be used if grommets are in place, if there is inflammation or infection in the ear.
What is a typical ear candle treatment? You are asked to lie comfortably and listen to relaxing music. The candle is then gently placed in to the auditory canal , where it is lit. I hold it in a vertical position and my hands keep the candle steady and I place a protective cloth on the face to prevent ash falling on to you. You will experience a pleasant crackling sound as the candle burns and a warm comfortable feeling. The candle is then taken away where you lie for a few moments before turning over to treat the other ear. Most individuals find the whole experience relaxing and some fall asleep during the treatment. The treatment usually lasts 20 minutes.
I will not carry this treatment out on anyone younger than 16.
What conditions can they help with?
Clients have reported that they have helped with a variety of conditions, such as hay fever, sinus problems and tinnitus. It also eases tension and stress. Always check with a doctor if you are unsure if a treatment is right for you.
Does it help to have a treatment before taking a flight?
Yes, this is a great treatment prior to your flight to get rid of any excess wax and will help with pressure inside the ear.
I suffer from a lot of ear wax and often have them syringed. Can I use Hopi Ear Candling instead?
Yes, you can. I have several clients who previously endured the discomfort of syringing but now visit me for this treatment instead.
- Ear wax/residue may naturally work its way out of the ear over the following 24-48 hours, this is normal (I recommend that you protect your pillows with a towel to prevent staining of your bedding).
- Do not submerge your head under water for 24 hours after your treatment and try to avoid cold air blowing into your ears.
- Do not insert anything, including cotton buds inside your ears.
- Drinking plenty of water, squash, or herbal teas to help eliminate toxins and flush out the lymphatic system.
- If you experience a runny nose please blow it rather than sniffing.
- If you had a bit of a cold at the time of your treatment please note your symptoms may get worse temporarily
- You should leave a minimum of 48 hours between treatments.
- Follow up treatment depends on the nature of the ear complaint, please speak to me for advice.
- These reactions will last no longer than 24-48 hours, if you have any concerns immediately following your treatment please contact me on 07789971220
- If you experience any spots or rashes for more than a week, please consult with your GP.
Gift Vouchers Available
Gift vouchers are available to purchase from Helen.